We had turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and cornbread, which Dr. Martland was pretty proud of himself for making. It was his first time making it. Mummy laughed because it was the boxed kind, but she was proud of him, too. Anyway, Mummy also got some sweet potatoes baked, which Dr. Martland got from the store on the American Air Force Base. Dr. Martland also found some pumpkin pie mix and asked Mummy to make a few pies.
So Friday night after I went to bed, she and Daddy made their first pumpkin pies. I think it turned out delicious, and everyone else thought so, too. Mummy and Daddy said they both don't really like pumpkin pie, but they both ate a piece at Dr. Martland's and didn't seem to mind it. I think they liked it because of the amazing white stuff they put on top--Mummy calls it "whipped cream."
Mummy told me all about the Pilgrims and the Indians and when Thanksgiving first started. She also told me what the true purpose of Thanksgiving is: to show everyone we love how grateful we are for them and to thank Heavenly Father for all of our blessings.
I've thought about it and here are the things I am most grateful for:
Mummy and Daddy
My BYU mobile that Nana, Aunt Chels, and Aunt Sam made me
Daddy's belt (it's so fun to chew on!)
The drawstring on Mummy's hoodie (also fun to chew)
Gingersnaps
The whisk that Mummy sometimes uses to bake
Puff-its (my favorite snack)
My Hedgehog
Crackers
My little Elephant that plays music
Warm milk in the middle of the night (can't get any better than a snuggle with Mummy at 3am!)
I thought Thanksgiving was a great holiday. We got to eat lots of food, play, and we got to see Dr. Martland. Mummy says next Thanksgiving we will be with our family and it will be even more fun. I can't wait!
| Me being silly with Daddy at the table. |
| This is me and Dr. Martland!! He is so much fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment